B.B. King is universally recognized as the leading exponent of modern blues. A fourteen-time Grammy winner, he has received virtually every music award, including the Grammy for Lifetime Achievement in 1987. He is one of the greatest, most influential blues guitar stylists, composers and singers of the 20th century and is without a doubt the single most important electric guitarist of the last half century, ranked 3rd in Rolling Stones Magazine’s 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.
This wonderful collection compiles the best of B.B. King’s recordings onto one CD for the very first time and includes some of his biggest hits such as Paying the Cost to Be the Boss and The Thrill Is Gone as well as When Love Comes To Town, the duet with U2 that took him to the top of the UK charts and gave him his first MTV exposure.
Featuring highlights from his 3 finest UK performances alongside a session recording made in the BBC’s studios, this CD offers an incredible snapshot of an artist at the peak of his career performing some of his greatest material.
1. Caldonia 14/10/78
2. I Like The Life 14/10/78
3. When The Evening Sun Goes Down 14/10/78
4. When It All Comes Down 14/10/78
5. The Thrill Is Gone 14/10/78
6. I’m Gonna Move Out of My Neighbourhood 4/7/91
7. When Love Comes To Town 4/7/91
8. Let The Good Times Roll 4/7/91
9. Stormy Monday Blues 4/7/91
10. Ain’t Nobody Home 4/7/91
11. Mistreated 4/7/91
12. How Blue Can You Get 4/7/91
13. Paying The Cost To Be The Boss 30/3/89
14. The Thrill Is Gone 30/3/89
Official UK Release date is Feb 25 2008. Preorder your copy today!